Music | Comedy | Storytelling
In December 2015, we began producing events in West Acton. The response surpassed expectations. By the end of 2017, we'd sold more than 6,500 tickets to a wide variety of music, comedy, and storytelling events, and added two performance venues — in Framingham and Arlington.
Calendar & Tickets
- Look at our calendar for details on upcoming events.
- Purchase discounted tickets online today. Tickets for comedy and storytelling events are available online for our next show in each series. Tickets for subsequent shows will be available the day after each performance.
Fugitive Productions features high-quality “blow-your-hair-back” local musicians. Our regular performers include The Love Dogs, Jeff Purchon & Friends, HighCamp, The Johnny Hoy Band, The Big Little Band and The Response. We’ve also hosted The Daniel Miller Band, The Salty Dawgs, Jimmy Connor and Lauren Weintraub, 35th Parallel, BJ Magoon, and Four-Legged Faithful, among others. Many of our patrons bring their dancing shoes to share their moves on our more-than-ample dance floor. True West Brewery brings their bar and provides a 15% discount on food served in the brewery on the nights of our performances to folks who purchase advance online tickets.
- Jeff Purchon & Friends — Saturday, March 10
- Johnny Hoy & The Bluefish — Saturday, April 7
- The Love Dogs — Saturday, May 5
- The Response — Friday, May 18
- The Big Little Band — Friday, June 8
Boston Comedy Night —TWO NIGHtS ADDED
In 2017 Fugitive Productions began the “Boston Comedy Night” in West Acton. The curator and host is Wes Hazard — a 2017 New England Emmy Award winner recognized as an Outstanding Program Host/Moderator; he was named one of “5 Boston comedians to Watch” by Boston Globe Magazine. In addition to delighting audiences with his own comedy he selects a lineup of the best and brightest comics working in the Boston area and nationally. The comedians who join Wes have appeared on Comedy Central, The TV Guide Channel, Comedy Bang! Bang! Live! Podcast, NPR’s Commonwealth Journal, Lifetime’s Girls Night Out and have opened for Louis C.K. and other well-known comedians. Our audiences have, frankly, been surprised by the level of talent we’ve brought to the ‘burbs. True West Brewery brings their bar and provides a 15% discount on food served in the brewery on the nights of our performances to folks who purchase advance online tickets.
Due the popularity of this series, we've added two dates — Friday, May 25 and Friday, June 22. Put these dates on your calendar now. (Season tickets will be honored through our April 20 performance date.)
WINTER/SPRING 2018 SCHEDULE
- Friday, January 19
- Friday, February 23
- Friday, March 23
- Friday, April 20 (final show for season ticket holders)
- Friday, May 25
- Friday, June 22
In the spring of 2016, Massmouth of Boston partnered with Fugitive Productions to bring storytelling to West Acton. The community response was so enthusiastic that in the fall, Fugitive Stories was born as a partnership of Fugitive Production’s David Gerratt and multiple Moth and Massmouth story slam winner Rose Saia. After a year-and-a-half of co-producing Fugitive Stories, Rose moved on to a host of other local storytelling endeavors. Fugitive Stories continues to bring a stellar line-up of experienced Boston-based slam winners to our stage along with local community members, most of whom are telling their stories for the first time in front of an audience. We are busy getting the word out about our events in Acton, Arlington and Framingham. Come on down for true stories told live, and bring a friend or three.
sIGN UP TO BE A TELLER
We encourage both experienced and first-time tellers to share their stories. Sign up here and we’ll get back to you.
WEST ACTON SCHEDULE (The Gallery at Villageworks)
- Sunday, January 28 — “Surrender”
- Sunday, February 25 — “What I Did for Love”
- Sunday, March 25 — “Arrival”
- Sunday, April 29 — “Bad Timing”
ARLINGTON SCHEDULE (Kickstand Cafe)
- Thursday, January 25 — “Surrender”
- Thursday, February 22 — “What I Did for Love”
- Thursday, March 29 — “Arrival”
- Thursday, April 26 — “Bad Timing”
FOUR DATES RECENTLY ADDED:
- Thursday, May 31 — “Mother Knows Best”
- Thursday, June 28 — “Summer Breeze”
- Thursday, July 26 — “Some Like It Hot”
- Thursday, August 23 — “Time Out”
FRAMINGHAM SCHEDULE (Amazing Things Arts Center)
- Sunday, February 18 — “What I Did for Love”
- Sunday, May 6 — “Mother Knows Best”
- Wednesday, May 9 — “Inspiration”
LINCOLN (Farrington Nature Linc)
- Saturday, May 19 — “Planting a Seed”
WATCH FUGITIVE STORIES ONLINE
Introductory Fugitive Stories Video
Fugitive Stories YouTube Channel
Fugitive Stories at Amazing Things, February 2017
(Watch the full hour-and-a quarter-long event, or fast forward to the stories that interest you.)
SIGN UP FOR FUGITIVE'S EMAIL NEWSLETTER
If you want to be the first to know about all the storytelling events, plus music and comedy evenings, sign up for Fugitive Production's email list.